Sunday 9 March 2014

February Favourites

Hello my lovelys!

Today's post is going to be my February favourites as im sure you can guess from the title!



So as i said in last months favourites i'd been loving the Nars sheer glow foundation but i'd been using it too much and i didn't want to waste it on everyday use. I was reccomended to try out the Revlon Colour stay foundation. So i did.

This foundation is very comparable to the Nars sheer glow foundation as it gives the same finish, it lasts all day and it's full coverage. Now this one is thicker than Nars but when i use a beauty blender with it, it goes on like a dream! It covers up all my redness and blemishes and it has great lasting power. I'm in the shade Buff and it's a great match, however it does have a slight yellow undertone to it and my skin has pink undertones. It's quite pricey at £12.99 but I am happy to repurchase it as it works so well on my skin!
I did buy the one for oily skin by accident and i noticed a lot of the foundation started to cling on my dry areas so i make sure i cleanse, tone, moisturise and prime well before using it and then it's great. But next time i will be picking up the right one! Really like this product!

For Valentines day i got the Naked 3 pallette and i have used it everyday since! I in LOVE  with this pallette and it works so well on my skin tone and eye colour. I was woried about it being pink but it's amazing and each colour seems to adapt to your tones. I've already done a post on my thoughts about the Naked 3 so i wont ramble on! But it's the perfect palette for spring in my opinion!

Now that spring is coming i'm no longer feeling the heavy black thick winged liner and im going for a more subtle smokey look. So for this effect i've just been lining my lash line with the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smokey pencil in either black or brown depending on the eyeshadow used and then smudging it out to make the lashes appear thicker and to make the eyes look softer. 

I've found myself reaching for my Benefit Rockateur blush recently as it gives a healthy glowing look and it's a gorgeous rose gold blush that compliments the Naked 3 palette well. I love the smell of it too!

I've also started loving glossy lips and put away the lipsticks and just stuck to the gloss as i feel like it makes any look more fresh and not so heavy.
I want to start toning down my makeup looks so i've been trying different techniques.

There is one brush i've been adoring this month and that's the real techniques blush brush. I really like this brush for bronzer to warm up the face and for blush as i feel like they go on so much smoother without scratching my foundation off.


I've obviously still been loving previous favourites like my Sleek contour kit and Maybelline age rewind concealer but I'm trying to use different things each month so it's not monotonous!

Hope you enjoyed! 

What are your favourite products?

Ezzie xox



No comments:

Post a Comment