Monday 5 August 2013

Breaking my high end virginity.

Hi guys,

So about one month ago I purchased some products from Benefit cosmetics. I've been using them through July and I thought I'd share my thoughts and first impressions on them. 
Benefit was the first high end brand i tried and i purchased the Stay Flawless 15 hour primer and they're real mascara. I've had my makeup done by Benefit and they really just don't listen to you. They just push products on you for sales and i hate that.
The stay flawless primer is a nice creamy roll on stick and when you apply it to your face it feels lovely and silky. I was told not to rub it in but i found that if i didn't rub it in around areas I'd missed, that my foundation wouldn't go on the same and it would create a cakey texture. It is quite a dry primer and i was recommended this for having dry skin, I'm not sure if that's really the best primer for me as i feel like it dries me out more and makes everything feel heavy. Because of the hot weather this primer has not been my friend.. It has made my foundation separate and i really started to dislike it. I will continue to use this primer to see if it is just the weather or if it really just doesn't agree with my skin. 

The they're real mascara is by far the best mascara I've ever used. You only need one coat and it makes your lashes so long and it's extremely build able. I love this mascara, however it does get quite difficult to remove so i only wear it on nights out or special occasions. 

The hello flawless oxygen wow was a little sample i got with the stay flawless to try and i have to say i haven't really tried that yet so i will let you know if i like that.

Then today i went to MAC. I went to get colour matched for a foundation because i really want a nice high end foundation for full coverage and that really looks great. I wont be using it everyday but I will most definitely be using it! The sales assistant was really lovely and helpful and she did my makeup beautifully. She listened to everything i said to her and she really got my look spot on.
I absolutely love this look that she did on me. I normally go for neutral eye colours so browns and creams so i asked her to change it up a bit and she selected a few browny purples to make a smokier effect and i love it. I have extremely red skin so she used a colour correcting primer, a brown toned matte blush and studio sculpt foundation. I love full coverage foundation because of my skin! She then applied Angel which i loved but i applied Viva Glam Nikki as i wanted to step outside my comfort zone and go for a brighter pink. 


As i went in for a foundation I bought the Studio sculpt spf15 foundation in NW20. I love this so much and i can't wait to use it more. Then as she had created such a lovely look on me i couldn't decide what else to get so i went for Viva Glam Nikki.

I also just wanted to mention that I recently bought the Real Techniques stippling brush and it broke so I told the company and they replaced it straight away and also gave me the kabuki brush. They were extremely helpful and they really do take care of their customers. I love these brushes and I've heard so many good things so i was so disappointed when it broke but now i have a replacement I am one happy girl :) 

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Ezzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment