Monday 20 January 2014

January Haul!

Hey guys!

So at the end of December and the beginning of January I purchased some new items! Not that i need any more!

First if all i went to MAC and i have a huge list of things i want... it just seems to get bigger! I have always wanted to try fix+ so i purchased that. So far I'm loving it for refreshing my face during the day, you can set your makeup with it and make your eye shadow pigments stand out more and stick so there's less fallout when applying which is great for me as I'm a messy worker! You get quite a lot in a bottle and you really don't use that much so in my opinion its worth the money.


Then i heard a few good things about the MAC mineralised skinfinish natural, so i decided to give that a go as i get a very oily t-zone during the day. I don't really know how i feel about it yet as i don't tend to use powder on my dry patches and i just focus it on the oily areas. So i haven't used it much. One thing i would say is that it's a tad dark so I'll have to test it when i have a tan.

I've been wanting to try Maybelline's browdrama for a while now as i have quite bushy, thick dark brows so i wanted a nice tinted gel that would keep them in shape. Honestly, so far i can't really tell if i see much of a difference in them but that could just be because I'm so dark. So i would try it if you're fair. 


Then i picked up the MUA luxe velvet lip lacquer in reckless, I don't really wear red's much but i wanted to try something that i wouldn't have to constantly re apply. The pigmentation is incredible on these bad boys! the finish is matte but a velvet like feeling. It does feel quite drying after a while and it does crack a bit but its only £3 so it was worth a go!


Now every time i go into Superdrug i always love the look of the Accessorize makeup, so i swatched a few blushes and i picked up this one and its just a light pinky gold baked blush, the one i wanted was out of stock so i thought I'd try it and I've used this twice, i dropped it so it smashed!! :( 
However, it was only £3.95 so i don't mind so much as i can just pick another one up!



I was also intrigued by this dark purpley lip stick by Accsesorize as i love the whole dark berry lips for winter so i wanted to try that out. To be honest, i can't really say how i feel about it yet as I'm trying to wear it but it's just a really hard colour to work with. I'll keep trying though because i love the shade!



Also from MUA I kept looking at the Undress your skin highlighter which looks like a dupe for the MAC  Extra dimension highlighter as the pattern is so similar. The colour of this in the pan looks quite pink but when you swatch it, it's actually quite white. Which is what attracted me to it. On the skin it looks really natural and it was on offer so i think it was £2.50 which is a bargain!



So that is all i've bought so far this month. I've already broken my new years resolution of trying to do a post 3 times a week but hey... im only human!


Ezzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment