Monday 1 July 2013

Birthday Haul (part 1)

So Saturday I turned 22, and I've been slowly growing my makeup collection so I will show you the things I got, my first impressions and I hope you enjoy :)

Firstly I received a Jimmy Choo perfume and Makeup that I liked but didn't love so I exchanged it for the things I really wanted to try.
1. Flash by Jimmy Choo. It is the nicest perfume I own, I love the packaging! My friend always says I'm like a magpie! I suppose I am attracted to shiny things! The bottle is pale blue and its just adorable. I love the scent.. It's so sweet and yummy! I can't explain how it smells on a computer but if you ask for a sample then you'll know what I mean! It was from Boots £46.00 and It's a 60ml bottle.

2. Lady Gaga fame. This perfume is just Lush! It's box is a little dull for my liking but I like glitter and sparkle so I think its hard to compete with Jimmy on the box! However I think the bottle is so much better than Jimmy Choo.. Its like a golden claw holding this black fluid.. It reminds me of a Faberge egg! And if the fluid wasn't black.. It would be pretty boring. The fluid come out almost grey and dissolves immediately so it doesn't dye your skin black! I love the smell of this. Very different to Jimmy Choo but amazing all the same! Love them both! This one was from Superdrug. £27.00 as it was on offer last week reduced from £54.00 and it's 100ml bottle.

3. Maybeline's dream satin liquid. My first impression when I opened my present was instantly "I'm going to hate it" but only because the dream matte mousse is horrible on my skin.. I have quite dry skin but the mousse would make it shinny and greasy and slide right off if I put powder on afterwards. But I was wrong. This foundation is lovely. I've warn it twice so far and I have to say I'm loving it. It's light weight, it blends well, it stayed put all day and it doesn't make me look greasy. So thumbs up for that one! And i think this was £8.99 from Superdrug.

4. Loreal's Lumi Magique Primer. I'm really struggling to find a primer my skin gets on with. I have dry skin but i also suffer with really red skin and I get spots if i use greasy products or wear too much makeup so I try to not stick tons of crap all over it. This primer is lovely for my skin, It's moisturising, dewy and has a nice shimmer if you wanted to highlight. However I've only used it once so I will write a further opinion when I've used it more. I thought it was a cheaper dupe for 'that gal' by benefit. So if you didn't want to spend £25 on a primer this one is £9.99 and i bought it from Superdrug.

5. BarryM Magic lipstick- green to pink. I bought this just because I thought it was truly amazing and I loved that it was different. I tried this on in Superdrug at least 3 times before I could justify buying it, but then I had left over credit from my exchange so I thought why not? It is a gorgeous colour that adapts to your natural PH balance and it suits your skin tone perfectly. I love it a lot and I wore it out on my birthday. I went for a meal and it stained my lips so it looked like i still had it on which was amazing! I'm really starting to love lip stains because i cant be bothered to re-apply my lip stick sometimes! This was around £4.99 i think and again from Superdrug.


I hope you enjoyed this post and this is only part one as I got a lot more stuff for my birthday!

Ezzie xox


No comments:

Post a Comment