Sunday 22 June 2014

My Makeup Storage 2014!

Hey guys!

So i know I've been gone for almost 2 months and all i can do really is apologise! I've been so busy with my new job that by the time i get home I'm too exhausted to write anything, but i want to get back into it because my blog is almost a year old! Crazy!

Anyway down to the good stuff!

So for ages i've been wanting to re-organise my makeup storage and at first i bought some clear acrylic drawers from Rymans just to hold my ever growing crap into. But i really wanted a desk where i could sit every morning and apply my makeup.

So in April, with my first pay check i bought a set of the Alex five drawers from Ikea, which everyone and their mother has! I got a table top to go on top of it to pull it all together and then i got 2 table legs, just for now. I figured that if my makeup collection grew or if i moved house i could alter this in any way i wanted and i wasn't stuck with one design. That's the great thing about Ikea! Plus it's affordable. The whole thing cost me around £85! Which is awesome for quality furniture that you know will last you ages!

The awesome thing about these table tops is that they're like £7! So if i scratch it up or it discolours i can just bang a new one on top and it's brand new again!

Then i needed holder's for makeup brushes so i just bought some of the cute flower pots they had at Ikea for like 2 quid... I have a long china dish? i think it's a dish.. for all my perfume.. I'm not happy about the way it looks but i can't find one i love yet. Also Ikea and i think that was like a fiver.

Then i just used this glass vase for cotton pads because i go through them like water! I use them daily so i just thought it would be really handy to have them on show and on demand!

I bought a mirror from Pound-stretcher like 5 years ago and it used to be gold but i painted it white. It's okay for now but eventually i want a bigger mirror that lights up! Hollywood style! Boom!

Then I've just got two acrylic holders on the top of my desk with a bit of skin care, Mac fix plus, my beauty blender, foundation and concealer that i don't like lying down and a lip stick holder. The lipstick holder is from ebay and the other one is from Rymans.

The acrylic drawers i have are awesome if you don't want to spend a fortune on the muji drawers. I think they were ranging from around £11-£25.

Then i just put a cheap ikea office chair in white at the desk to tie it all together and it's really comfy and it just works.

It's really a great way of having the setup you want but in an affordable way!


Hope you enjoyed!

And until next time... (hopefully not so long)

Ezzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment